Her Birthday

She is still asleep,I won't wake her ,it's far too early.I see her curled up in bed ,with maybe Sonsee somewhere around her feet.She may have had a good night sleep, I don't know, but I am kind of guessing that sleep came and went thru out the night .I woke up around 9.00am , my first morning in my new room,left Port Kennedy around ten with my backpack with laptop and another bag with work clothes. Driving up to Fremantle early, I stop at Coogee Beach , it's a place we've been together .The sky and water just different shades of blue ,I have a swim and I am thinking , she would like this.It almost has a feel of Croatia to it .Not spending this day together is part of the long distant thing, this will be the last time we are apart on birthdays,I hope. A daydream in the van on the way to Gino's , "We live together in Amsterdam and I am just away , working in australia......away on business that's all".I am thinking where is my home ?My home is with her,they say home is where the heart is ,well my heart is with her ,so really my heart is in Amsterdam.Hearts and places are movable , but for this moment in time ....I missed her birthday .I wish her a Happy Birthday, love , and if we could do it any differently then we would.I am having a great day just as I would if we we're together and I know she , when she awakes, is going to celebrate her day in her own quirky way .This is just one day we can't be together .I wish her the best day God can deliver .

Comments