Dementia

Dividing my time,many times over the years, I have written notes on how I would like to divide my time.Getting closer to realizing this objective.I have made time for my walking and my writing ,sleeping and work seems to take care of them selves.Haven't yet found the space for  dedicating a hour a day on guitar playing.I have left a guitar in the special care unit at work and when I work up there on Thursday and Friday evenings, I often get the chance to play.I have no idea, who named the dementia wing ...SCU...sounds more like an American crime program.Special care unit, don't really know about the unit part and not really sold on the special care either.It was designed  to suit the needs of those diagnosed and living with dementia, somewhere along the line , some one in a position of power wasn't comfortable with the dementia label and decided that special care was more appropriate...The D  word, dementia, lets not mention it or lets call it something else..It's not a dirty word, It's a disease and should be treated with respect.In memory of Glen Campbell, singer,songwriter and great guitarist ,who died yesterday , his documentary "I'll be me."is a must see for those who seek a greater understanding of Alzheimer's disease and Dementia.He spent the last years of his life in a nursing home in America, his Alzheimer's had progressed to a point , where his family could no longer take care of him.Every caregiver who works with Dementia really needs to watch this documentary.It shows the progression of the disease in a beautiful and compassionate way.


Comments

Post a Comment