In the wink of an eye

How far can a wink travel? Stan gave me a wink the other day when no other means of communication could have come close to summing up the present moment.I got the meaning behind the wink in an instant, words would have taken too long to reach me.An unsaid truth came flooding to the forefront of a mutual understanding.The fleeting shadow that hovered behind Stan was totally unaware of our unsaid words, silence within the wink of a eye.This wink could have taken at least a few sentences to convey the meaning behind the wink....writing about it has got me to this point without revealing what the wink was about!Both of us coming to the same conclusion was really what the wink was all about.Nothing was ever mentioned afterwards when words could have filled the space,we went our own way.I continued with my morning without the need to know more or even to see if we were thinking the same thing ,the wink had done it's job,anything else would have taken the power of the wink away.I understand Stan more than ever now and I can put that down to the ever mighty ,all knowing wink.

Comments

  1. very good. such a plessure to read. you have so much poetry inside you. so much to say. keep on saying it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment