Traveller's blog to Ubud

Well at this time of year,it is more busier than I have experienced in the past .Put this down to School holidays in Australia and the exodus of Europeans escaping their northern winter.Combine them both and it adds up to a lot of people,but I am a good avoider of crowds,to slip into that quiet existence I require while on holiday I confer with my bright orange watch,a reminder of my time in Holland!My body clock is still self adjusting.I slept more today than I can ever remember in my life.It is 8.07 pm now to be precise and will force myself to stay awake till midnight.Short naps during the day can turn into mammoth sleeps,I always have a lot of dreams up here. Like the one about the Cat and the one legged bird, side by side ,playing with each other.Today I had my main meal around 4.00pm, nipped next door to the Sagittaruis Inn, had a mango juice ,nasi goreng with fried egg on top and some french fries as a side dish with tomato sauce!!!I am struggling with my non smoking,waiting for meals is the time I always had a cigarette, especially in restaurants where they still allow smoking.My will is stronger than the temptation and i haven't come all this way to undo all the good work I have achieved.It is a battle and I am winning this battle.

Comments