Finding inspiration to write.

Get out,not with the intention of finding material,the material will come to you when you least expect it.It's like falling in love.Looking back over my blogs I find the stories behind the story.My last blog, and my first blog of 2012,"training the mind to open up to other possibilities" was my experience of being on an early morning suburbian commuter train.It's not something I normally do and I needed to get a copy of my original marriage certificate that day and the story wrote it's self,the images and my feelings stayed with me long enough to be able to transfer it all onto paper.Staying in is ok,but your not really going to find the inspiration to kick start something.Your mind will drive it's self crazy with a million and one ideas,but nothing will really fit.The story about Poland,"The power of a smile" came via an email that my girlfriend sent me,describing her experience of being in Warsaw in the winter.I am not that disiplined a writer,I don't write everyday,everyweek or even every month but if something out there really speaks to me ,then I`do my best to get it out into print.That is the beauty of the internet, I am pursuing my dream of being a writer!

Comments