Being Guided.

I am not really a big fan of guided tours,went on a boat trip today,  around Berlin, a beautiful day....a day when maybe silence could have been the prevailing force.I found myself inventing my imaginary boat trip, solely for dreamers.You see I found my thoughts being interrupted when the micro phoned commentary came into play. I only saw the beauty when the silence arose.This of course got me thinking....a silent boat trip,without hearing all the interesting facts,like...."This building has the fastest lift in Europe,it travels 90 metres in 20 seconds".Has this boat trip turned into a floating classroom with no escape?My head calculates the comparison with an Olympic runner that can cover 100 metres in less than ten seconds,meanwhile the boat sails on and  I am still having my doubts on having my ears filled with such facts and figures,instead I dream of a boat trip where I am left to my own devices.You see I find that the audio,the continuous almost nonstop commentary lessens my feelgood experience.It in no way heightens my experience. I need not to know,I like to see and let the buildings and landscape tell me their own story.Are their any  boat trips that offer passengers free mind time,without interrupting thought flow? Stationary land moves  on.A  silent boat trip,yeah I could handle that, only please no sign language, that would only distract me too.Look,earplugs may have done the trick,I did try the ipod,but you know ...a double drowning doesn't always work. I am going into the silent boat business, you know the one,silent movies stars down stairs, below the deck and mime artists upstairs.

Comments