Everyday.

This is not even a challenge,nor a have to do thing.More like, writing for the sake of writing.A natural every day occurrence.Listening to J.J. Cale on the stereo,the table is clear, I am alone in the house, Theo my cat is out,have built a landing platform for him, so when he jumps back over the fence, he can land safely. For those not familiar with blue metal, sharp, annoying rocks , that can make the barest of feet uncomfortable, this is what he was landing on.I'm in a new house , a rental..and  I have a blue metal aversion, heavy metal , maybe that's why I love listening to the more laid back version of J.J Cales music.It is a cloudy day and I love to listen to" Cloudy Day",Last track ,side two of the "Shades album, instrumental, a mixture of Jazz and Blues,with great Sax and guitar solo's...Love this piece of music.Have been going on nature walks of late, usually Monday to Wednesday, takes a little over a hour and usually end up at the surf cafe for a small capo and some water.The other day the surf cafe was noisy with the voices of the customers, too loud, so  I opted out, kept walking and knew another cafe where i could maybe find a more quieter place to be, and at the same time realising how sensitive I am to noise. The next place was quiet, only one other customer, she was reading the paper, ordered a vegetable quiche to go with my coffee, sat down on this very comfortable couch , was chilling till the music came on.Too loud ,too modern,night club music, beautiful place , great coffee and food.This always gets me thinking,Managers and owners of Hip cafes, do you realise that you are driving some of your customers away with the knob of the volume control and genre of the music ... As a lover of music,I'd be more inclined to play ambient music with the  volume on low , but that's me.Went to Aldi supermarket the other day , one has just opened up in the area, It was quiet , very few customers, really enjoyed the experience, different produce from the main operators ,Coles and Woolies.Got a few things and chatted to the checkout girl on the way out , paid my compliments, said "I really like the shop," she smiled and said "we don't play music at Aldi's"....Hey , that was it , I wasn't being bombarded with the sublime and not so sublime music that the other competitors use to persuade you to buy stuff you don't really need.So thank you Aldi for allowing your customers , the presence of peace while they shop. I am really impressed that you haven't followed the rest .So this is just a ramble,I may get to know my self better within this ramble , others my be able to  recognise my traits and even their own , the table is still clear and I have moved on to Listening to Dire Strait's debut album.Theo is still out,I will be happy to see him when he returns....Have almost completed what I have set out to do , write for the sake of writing.I will finish now, everyday,I have this opportunity, to sit write up , and tap a few keys.

Comments