words

Can writing improve a stutterer's speech.? From my own experience I am finding a link between the two. I don't consider myself a stutterer now, haven't for a long time, maybe others do.There still might be a sudden pause coming out of nowhere, abit of hesitancy or maybe a jumble of excitment when you go into freefall, you definitely improve your speech with age and the wisdom to know that total perfection in speech is a myth anyway, it doesn't exist ,Everyday speakers can stumble with their words , only they don't indentify it with any condition in particular .So it doesn't get to build up a story of it's own .There are other means of communication that you can master and it doesn't involve speaking .... the written word,,,,these day by blogging.Sentences form easy in my head and I am able to write what thoughts or ideas I have.With the advent of email alot of stutterers would have thought , great less telephone communication,the telephone was always a hard one to master,where everything was reliant on the voice...body language doesn't exist on the phone and a silent block,would only leave the person on the other end thinking "Is he still there!!"What I am finding is the more I write the better my speech becomes! Maybe your emptying out the barrel and there is not a congestion of unexpressed words,thoughts and feelings inside and it frees you up a little. This works for me and if you do happen to stutter, try writing .I am at a point where I feel the need to write everyday now.Started blogging in March this year and I am becoming more and more fluent with my writing and speech.

Comments